kebab is a simple and easy to make dish consisting of small cubes of meat or fish threaded on a skewer and grilled.The origin is mostly from Arabia and Turkey”kebab” usually refers to shish kebab.It is mostly used as a light meal or biting for events such as cocktails.
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
Beef fillet steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
Assorted bell peppers(Red,yellow,green)
Bamboo skewers(soaked in water)
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and add the meat and add the beef cubes inside.mix thoroughly to ensure the marinade is mixes with the beef cubes.
Let the meat infuse in the marinade for a minimum of at least 30 minutes but you can also keep the meat in marinade for 24 hours.
2. Soak the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling. This will help prevent them from completely burning up on the grill.
3. Cut the vegetables into rough chunks almost the same with width with the beef cubes.Carefully not to poke yourself, thread the meat and vegetables onto double bamboo skewers. One way to do this safely is to put the piece that you are trying to pierce on a cutting board, and then push the skewers through the piece to the board. If you keep a little space between the pieces, they will grill more evenly.
4.You can cook them on a grill,hot plate or a pan and keep on on turning after a few minutes so that the skewer can cook evenly and brown uniformly.As the skewers are on the grill or hot plate,baste using the remaining marinade for more flavors.
1. Soak the bamboo skewers in water before you start poking the meat and vegetables.This prevents them from burning while your grilling on high coal heat.
2. Basting if a culinary term that means brushing the cooking meat using the same marinade or it’s own jus to contain the flavors within the steak.