250 grams All Purpose flour
20 grams Instant yeast
50 grams Sugar
50 ml Warm coconut Milk
100 ml Warm water
20 grams Cardamom (powder/grounded)
1 table spoons Corn oil
1. Put the flour, instant yeast, sugar, cardamoms powder or grounded, the one table spoon of corn oil and the pinch of salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Heat the water and coconut milk to a Luke warm temperature and add gradually on the mixture as you knead the dough to a soft and firm consistency.
3. Keep the dough in an air tight container or wrap the bowl with a tight cling film so as not to let in air for 30 to 45 minutes for the dough to rest and allow aeration.
4. Knead the dough to get rid of excess air the portion the dough in to 50grams balls. Roll and spread the dough to be slightly between thick and thin and cut it to whichever shape of preference.
5. Deep in hot oil, after it swells and browns on the lower side. Flip it over on the 2nd side till it browns then remove from the oil and drain off the excess oil by placing the mahamri in a grease proof paper